Voting ends today, so last chance to show us some love. It’s time again for Westword’s popular and highly coveted Best of Denver 2023. Now, before we make our pitch, we just want to remind you how MHOTC has always been there for you in your times of cheapness and frugality, right? We’ve always had your back, when you’ve been bored on a budget. Who do you always call, when you’re looking for a good time? (Keep your mind out of the gutter, people!)
Now, we need your support. In 2020, 2021 and 2022, we took home honors as Best Free Service in Denver. And, of course, we want to be crowned the winner again in 2023.
Every time we meet readers “in the wild”, we’re always amazed at how much they love the site. We definitely feel the gratitude. We strive to not ask much from readers, so that’s why we’re counting on you to take a few minutes of your valuable time and turn all of the love you have for our work into action.
For you, it may seem like a silly, little contest. However, for us, winning an award, especially “Readers’ Choice”, gives us more leverage and credibility in attracting new advertisers, business partners and readers.
The more visibility we get, the better it is for our future success. (Can you imagine a world without MHOTC? Shudder to even think!)
Before we get to our plea, did you know MHOTC is a local business based in Denver? Did you know it’s just three people who do all of the work? Hours and hours every week researching and vetting events and deals just for you…all at no cost to you. Did we mention our service is totally FREE? (Okay, are you feeling guilty yet?)
For those unfamiliar with the awards, Westword surveys the public for their input on more than a hundred categories. On April 6, they’ll publish Readers’ Choice winners in the Best of Denver 2023.
Here’s how you can show your love for MHOTC:
(Be sure to read the following directions carefully so your vote is counted!)
* Go here to find the Westword Best of Denver 2023 Reader’s Choice ballot or click on the image below.
* Scroll down to “Shopping and Services”.
* Click on “Best Free Service” and type in Mile High On The Cheap — do not use the acronym, spell it out completely, please. (Mile High On The Cheap is not an existing choice, so you will need to type it in.)
* Be sure to click on the + sign after you type it in so it gets officially added. Once you do, you’ll see a tiny trash can to delete the entry. Don’t delete it, just know that seeing the can means MHOTC is being recognized as a vote.
* After you’ve cast your vote for us, be sure to vote in any other category for which you have a favorite. We know our readers are an opinionated group, so make your voices heard.
* Once you’ve selected your favorites, click the big red “Click Here To Submit”.
* After clicking the submit button you may be asked to type in your name and email. You may also be shown some pictures and asked to identify something in the pictures. This is to prove you are human and NOT a bot!
* IMPORTANT!! You can vote one time per day, per e-mail for all your favorites in multiple categories. That means you can bookmark the page and vote for us each day. C’mon it will only take a minute of your time!
And, we won’t object, if you ask your family and friends to vote for us, too. Together, we can do this!
You can vote each day until Monday, March 13 at 11:59 p.m.
Once you vote the first time, let us know in the comments below. Who knows, we may surprise a few lucky readers! Just ask Stacy and Abby, who we sent a token of appreciation.
By the way, you’ll always have our vote for the best readers in town!
Thank you for your support, as always — Laura, Bryan, Linnea and Claire