All aboard! Thomas the Tank Engine is rolling into Golden for three weekends in September at the Colorado Railroad Museum. This is one of the pricier events in town, but you get a lot for your dollar. The fun-filled A Day Out with Thomas offers families the opportunity to hop on board an interactive train ride with a life-sized Thomas the Tank Engine, as well as enjoy access to hands-free activities, including live entertainment, scavenger hunt, hay bale maze, stage shows, sing-a-longs and more.
This year, the Museum is encouraging friends of all ages to Dream BIG! They have created the Dream BIG! Corner, where kids can go for fun photo opps, games, bubbles, and more. There’s also the the Dream Pass for kids to track their journey at the Railway and pick up a special giveaway at the end of the day.
But before kids leave, they’ll want to say hello to Sir Topham Hatt, the Railway Controller from The Island of Sodor, and stop in the pop-up gift shop for exclusive Thomas swag.
Day Out With Thomas activities and entertainment include:
Approximately 20-minute Train Ride led by a full-sized, talking Thomas the Tank Engine locomotive. This year’s train ride features an all-new interactive story where you’ll earn your official Travel Badge by helping Thomas.
Admission to select portions of the Colorado Railroad Museum with outdoor offerings and activities included.
Hands-free activities and entertainment featuring:
- Live Theatrical Entertainment including the Train Yard Challenge Gameshow, a Stilt-Walking Semaphore, circus performers, sing-alongs, storytelling and more in spacious outdoor stage settings.
- Hay Bale Maze offering plenty of room for kids to explore and play.
- Scavenger Hunt featuring family fun as you work together to find all of the answers and items—and collect a few special mementos to take home for more fun later.
- Outdoor Scale Model Trains operating all day long on the Denver Garden Railway Society’s permanent on-site, landscaped G-gauge railroad.
- Push A Locomotive Around aboard a 120-year old “armstrong”railroad turntable.
- Special appearance by Sir Topham Hatt, Controller of the Railway.
- Photo Opportunities throughout the event, including with Thomas himself!
- Step-On Access to selected historic railroad cars and locomotives.
- Antique Engine Display with farm tractors plus hit-and-miss engines
Snap some photos and enjoy lawn games and bubble fun in the Dream BIG! Corner.
Dream Pass keepsake booklet for every child to track their journey at the event and collect a special prize at the exit.
Food, snacks, drinks and treats available on-site for purchase.
Gift shop on-site with exclusive Thomas & Friends products.
The fun takes place on September 10 & 11, 17 & 18, and 24 & 25. The Museum is open from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Tickets include a train ride at a designated time selected at the point of purchase, plus admission to museum grounds and all activities for up to three hours.
Ticket prices are $25 for ages 1 and up. (Service charges and fees may apply.) Tickets go on sale to the general public on Tuesday, August 2.
Capacity is limited and advanced tickets are required. Walk-up sales will not be available.
Tickets are available at www.DayOutWithThomas.com or by calling Ticketweb toll-free at 866-468-7630.
For more information about the event, click here.