Aurora residents can receive FREE food and other resources during the Summer Kick-Off on Saturday, June 5 at Overland High School. This FREE event is open to the public and will provide food and resources to 1,000 Aurora families. It begins at 10 a.m. and will continue until all food has been distributed.
All Aurora households are eligible regardless of income, size or status. Food items will include ready-to-eat meals, canned and boxed goods, grains, fresh produce, dairy and protein.
In addition, 30,000 diapers, 5,000 pounds of pet supplies and 1,000 summer activity packs will be distributed. Activity packs include books, at-home activities, water bottles, online resources and community engagement opportunities for kids and teens.
The event is organized by the Aurora Police Department. There are a number of community partners.
- Food Bank of the Rockies, SECORCares, Aurora Public Schools and Cherry Creek School District will provide food and ready-to-eat meals.
- Aurora Animal Services, Colorado Pet Pantry and Racing for Paws will offer pet supplies.
- WeeCycle will supply baby items.
- Denver7 News has given the backpacks and books.
- Various community partners added items for summer activity packs for kids and teens.
In addition, Servicios de la Raza will be available to help with translation and connect guests with resources.
If you drive to the event, remain in your car and wait your turn in line. Do not park and leave your vehicle.
If you are walking, please remember to practice social distancing while waiting your turn and wear a face covering.
The event is at 12400 E. Jewell Ave. in Aurora.
For more information, contact APDCommunity@auroragov.org or 303-739-7281.