As a thank you to U.S. military members, Colorado Parks and Wildlife is offering active duty military, veterans and the National Guard free admission to all state parks for the month of August. Military members and veterans, resident and nonresident, can pick up a free August Military Pass at any Colorado state park or CPW office by showing proof of service.
The free park pass provides a chance to experience Colorado’s state parks and the diverse wildlife and terrain they showcase. All other park fees remain in effect, including camping reservations, boat and off-highway vehicle registrations, and hunting and fishing licenses.
To begin planning a unique Colorado adventure, visit the CPW park finder.
State park outdoor recreation activities include:
- Water sports — boating, kayaking, paddle boarding and swimming
- Wildlife and wildflower viewing, birdwatching and tours with naturalists
- Hiking, horseback riding, biking and rock climbing
- Stargazing and geocaching
- Accessibility programs are available to people with disabilities
CPW also offers military benefits for outdoor activities to active duty military, veterans, and disabled veterans.
Programs include free admission to state parks on Veterans Day, year-round free entry to all state parks to residents with Colorado Disabled Veterans license plates and free small game and fishing combination licenses for qualified disabled veterans.