We’ve added more discounts to the round-up! As the temperatures start to sizzle, a day at Water World is a mighty tempting way to cool off. Since opening in 1979 with the first two water slides in Colorado, it now boasts nearly 50 water adventures. In fact, they feature the largest variety of attractions in America. (Did you know the park has been rated as one of America’s top ten water parks by the Travel Channel?)
As one of America’s largest family water parks, the watery wonderland is located just 15 minutes north of downtown Denver on 64 landscaped acres. However, it can get expensive, especially for families.
Of course, we’re always looking to make a big splash on a budget. We found 11 ways you can make waves at the park without causing your budget to sink. Dive in for more details…
Tickets are valid for unlimited use of its 49 attractions all-day. The park is open daily from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., weather permitting. Regular admission prices are as follows: Heights 48″ & above are $41.99; heights 40″ to 47″ are $36.99; and heights under 40″ are FREE. Seniors (60+) can splash around for $10.99.
Important: Coupons are not valid with any other coupon; senior, mid-day or resident admission; or any other discount or repurchased ticket. One coupon per person, unless noted otherwise.
1. King Soopers — The grocery store sells discounted general admission tickets — a savings of $5 for each ticket. Plus, King Soopers is the only place to purchase a Family 4-Pack: Four admissions (for any guest 40″ or taller), a 16″ pizza and four drinks for $149.96 (plus tax and service fee) — just $37.49 per person.
The pack offers a savings of more than $55. Finally, visitors with King Soopers tickets can go directly to the entry turnstiles. No need to stop by the ticket window.
2. Mountain Dew — Bring a specially-marked Mountain Dew can to the front gate coupon center and save $8 from May 27 to June 14 and, again, from August 16 to September 4 or $5 off from June 15 to August 15. One can equals one coupon.
3. Subway — Pick up coupon at participating locations for $8 off — see coupon for full details.
4. Water World’s 2-Day Fun Pack — Splash around for two days for $59.98 (plus tax) for any guest 40″ or taller — a savings of $24. The second visit must be used by the same-guest within 14 days of the initial visit. Buy online or at the park.
5. Online Special — Save $5 when you purchase a child or general admission ticket online at waterworldcolorado.com. For delivery, choose from print-at-home, mail order or pick them up at the park. To get the savings, use promo code SAVE$5NOW at check-out.
6. Military Discount — Most Colorado and Cheyenne, WY military bases sell discounted Water World tickets. (Contact your base for pricing information.) Tickets may be taken directly to the entry turnstiles. Military discounts are not available at the front gate.
7. Military Appreciation Days — From May 27 to 29, active or retired U.S. Military personal receive FREE admission with proper ID, available at Guest Services only. The offer does not apply to spouses or dependents. No rainchecks issued and ticket must be used on date of issue.
8. Hyland Hills Resident Admission — Water World is owned and operated by the Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District. Residents of the Hyland Hills Park and Recreation District or the City of Westminster (with a valid recreation ID card) receive reduced admission. (There are new rules in place for 2017.) For current information, click here.
9. Father’s Day Special — Dad gets in FREE on Father’s Day, Sunday, June 18, when accompanied by a guest purchasing an admission at the Water World ticket window. Purchased ticket must be full-priced.
10. Pack your own lunch — Even though Water World sells food and beverages, you can keep your expenses to a minimum by bringing your own picnic into the park. All beverage containers must be factory-sealed. (No glass or alcohol permitted.)
Assuming you’ve used a coupon or discount promo to get in the park, bringing your family’s own snacks and drinks creates a true tidal wave of savings.
11. Parking — Unlike some other popular summer attractions in town, Water World offers FREE parking. That means more entertainment dollars back in your pocket to spend on souvenirs or food and drink.
Water World is located at 8801 N. Pecos St., Federal Heights, 303-427-7873.