It’s no secret staying at home is necessary right now, so many theater performances, concerts and other events have been canceled. Our calendar (and free events lists) here at Mile High on the Cheap are sort of like ghost towns. We’ve put up “cancelled” signs on many events, but even the ones that aren’t marked as cancelled most likely have been cancelled. That live events calendar will be ready to go when we get past this.
For now, our focus has to change. So we have created a new calendar, one just for virtual events. You’ll find live streamed concerts, music lessons, history talks, opera performances and more. We’ll be adding to this list all the time, so if you know of anything that should be on the list, please email email@example.com. You may also want to bookmark this page and keep checking back.
What other kind of content would be useful to you right now? Let us know and we’ll work to make it happen.
While we want to highlight local events, one silver lining is that now you can experience live events from all over the globe. An opera in New York. A local concert. This is an opportunity to find your new favorite artist.
Ongoing Virtual Events — Access Anytime
A number of theater productions, concerts, workshops and other entertainment are available for FREE 24/7 without specific start times. Some have cut-off dates, others will run until further notice. Check these out:
- PBS Great Performances: Noel Coward’s Present Laughter starring Kevin Kline — Available through May 27
- PBS Great Performances: The Sound of Music (2015 U.K. production) — Available through May 27
- PBS Great Performances: Shakespeare’s Much Ado About Nothing — Available through May 27
- Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale — Available until April 27
- PBS Great Performances: Red starring Alfred Molina — Available through May 27
- Orange Tree Theatre in London stages Amsterdam — Available for a limited time
- PBS Now Hear This: Vivaldi – Something Completely Different — Available through April 13
- PBS Now Hear This: The Riddle of Bach — Available through April 13
- PBS Great Performances: The Bernstein Celebration at Tanglewood — Available through April 13
- The Cleveland Orchestra Centennial Celebration — Available through April 13
- Austin City Limits has more than 35 installments of the popular TV music series — Ending TBD
- CBS All Access offers TV shows such as Star Trek: Picard and The Good Fight — Available through April 23
- NBA League Pass shows 2019-2020 basketball games, as well as older games — Available through April 22
- NFL Game Pass lets you access full broadcast replays of football games — Available through May 31
- NHL.com screens full replays of the hockey season so far as well as past games. Ending TBD
- Ken Burns documentary Baseball, a 9-part series — Ending TBD
- Bluprint offers 1,300+ online craft classes — Available through April 9