Children are heading back to school soon, which means that the bugs causing childhood diseases are back in business. There are no-cost and low-cost ways to get children from infants to 18 years immunized for everything including measles, mumps, polio and Hepatitis A & B. But if you miss the monthly events, you can still visit walk-in clinics. Typically immunizations start at about $25 per shot, but you can also pay what you can afford, and no child is turned away for inability to pay. It’s very important that you bring your child’s immunization record every time. Several clinic now also offer vaccines for adults. To find a low-cost clinic near you check out the Colorado Children’s Immunization Coalition. Here are few of the clinics we found:
- Denver — Colorado Miners Community Center at 4809 Race St., Denver, 303-602-3520. Clinics the 4th Saturday of each month from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. (For 2016 – August 27, September 24, October 22, November 19, December 17). Denver Public Health Immunization Clinic at 605 Bannock St., Pavilion H, Denver. Call for prices. Open Monday to Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Walk-ins welcome. Appointments not required. 303-602-3520.
- Aurora — Local health departments partners with area fire stations for Saturday Shots For Tots clinics. Not only do the kids get their vaccinations, but they can check out the cool fire engines and ambulances, play games and go home with goodies. Clinics 2nd Saturday of every month, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Aurora Fire Station #2, 12600 Hoffman Blvd. 2016 Dates: September 10, October 8, November 12 and December 10. 303-451-0123. Also walk-in clinics Tuesdays and Thursdays 1 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. 15400 East 14th Place, 1st Floor, Aurora. 303-451-0123. Appointments available other days.
- Arvada — Same as Aurora with tours of fire engines and ambulances. Clinics 1st Saturday of every month, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Arvada Fire Station #2, 5250 Oak St., Arvada, 303-239-7078. 2016 Dates: August 27, October 1, November 5, December 3.
- Westminster — Walk-in clinics on Tuesdays, 8:30 a.m. to 10 a.m. 1401 W. 112nd Ave, Ste 200, Westminster, 303-451-0123. Appointments available for other days.
- Englewood — Walk-in clinics on Fridays, 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. 4857 S. Broadway, 303-451-0123. Appointments available for other days.
- Castle Rock and Lone Tree — Appointments available on select days by calling 303-451-0123.
- Boulder — Only for non-insured residents. Clinics Wednesdays 1 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. 3482 Broadway, Boulder. Call 303-413-7799 to make an appointment or before walk-in visits. $21.50/shot (no child turned away).
- Longmont — Only for non-insured residents. Clinics Mondays 1 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. 515 Coffman, Ste. 200. Call 303-413-7799 to make an appointment.