It’s summer in Colorado and that means cherries, corn, peaches, melon, tomatoes, peppers and so much more. Chef Elizabeth Buckingham cooks up a series of workshops at various Whole Foods Markets this month. Each class showcases the very best in local produce. You’ll learn how to cook with locally-grown fruits and vegetables, taste delicious samples and leave with a bounty of recipes. Recipes vary from class to class, but are never repeated, so you can come to more than one. These workshops are FREE, but RSVP is required. You can nab you spot by registering on Buckingham’s website. Here’s the schedule:
- Saturday, July 2: Whole Foods Colfax (Denver West) – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Watermelon & Feta Salad, Grilled Mediterranean Salad, Nectarine & Raspberry Cornmeal Crisp.
- Tuesday, July 5: Whole Foods Cherry Creek – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Squash, Corn & Kale Salad, Bean & Tomato Salad with Tarragon Dressing, Spiced Pluot Jam.
- Friday, July 15: Whole Foods Belmar – 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. Zucchini, Fennel & Radish Salad, Honeydew Caprese, Stone Fruit Shortcake.
- Monday, July 18: Whole Foods Wash Park – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Quinoa Panzanella, Peach & Arugula Salad, Foolproof Fruit Crumble.
- Thursday, July 21: Whole Foods SouthGlenn – 6:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. Summer Vegetable Tian, Fruit Mosaic Cake, Watermelon Agua Fresca.
- Tuesday, July 26: Whole Foods Colorado Blvd. – 1 p.m. to 2 p.m. Grilled Corn & Halloumi Salad, Nordic Potato Salad with Quick Pickles, Peach Lemonade.