Ready for some mystery, murder and mayhem? No, not the upcoming election. The Orchard Town Center in Westminster is hosting a family-friendly drive-in and dine-in murder mystery featuring a live film production of “A Midnight Masquerade” by The Murder Mystery Company. There will be four showings — October 23, 24, 29 & 30 from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Admission is $45 per car (covers all passengers) and includes a $20 gift card to a participating Orchard restaurant to help with dinner costs, a clue packet and a chance to win a $150 Target gift card. You can purchase tickets here.
The “murder” is a live staged production in which one actor will “die.” You’ll watch the show on a 40-foot screen from inside your car.
The actors will perform onscreen and provide you with information and clues. Don’t be surprised if a clue or two come in through your mobile phone number used to purchase your ticket — so remember to bring your phone.
Inside your clue packet, you will have additional information that the host detective will ask you to look at (but, don’t do so in advance)!
By the end of the live play production, you will have all the clues you will need to solve the murder , if you get it right you will be entered in to win a $150 gift card to Target
Participants are encouraged to dress in their best masquerade outfit for the killer experience!
HOW IT WORKS
Purchase one ticket per vehicle — you can have as many of your family and friends as your car will safely hold.
Arrive at the Drive-in area between 5:30 p.m. and 6 p.m. on the day of your murder.
Drive to your parking spot with the guidance of a parking attendant.
Once you’ve parked your car you can take your $20 gift card (included with the price of admission) and purchase your dinner.
Hurry back with your food! The Murder starts at 6:30 p.m. sharp!
1. You must remain in your vehicle before, during and after the show. The only exception is to use the portable restroom.
To abide by physical distancing laws, under no circumstances will patrons be allowed to watch the murder mystery outside their vehicle. Outside the vehicle includes chairs set up next to your vehicle, blankets/sleeping bags on the ground etc. Patrons may sit inside their truck beds or hatchbacks. You must wear a mask and abide by all state and local laws.
2. Alcohol and drugs are not allowed. Everyone must abide by Colorado vehicle laws.
3. Do not toss or leave any garbage, food, or beverage containers outside your car. Please take home what you bring to the drive-in event.
4. The show sound will be played through your vehicle AM/FM stereo only. Do not play loud music prior to the start of the movie, or during the movie.
5. When the show ends, everyone must leave the parking lot. Please be patient and courteous to others when leaving.
6. This is a rain or shine event! Unless there is a thunderstorm/high winds and it is unsafe to have the show, we will continue the showing even if it rains. Refunds will ONLY be issued if the event is canceled due to severe weather conditions.
7. Show schedule is subject to change without notice.
1. Do not arrive before 5:30 p.m. Check-in will not open until 5:30 p.m.
2. Follow staff instructions on how to park your vehicle. You will be directed to a designated parking spot. Speed limit in and around the event is 5 mph.
3. When you go through check-in, you will receive your clue packet and $20 restaurant gift card. Once your park your car, you can walk to pick up your food.
4. There are no reserved parking spots. You cannot choose your spot. The parking attendants will direct you to the next available spot based on your vehicle size.
5. Vehicle lights must remain off during the show.
6. Larger vehicles such as trucks and SUVs will be parked in the rear of the drive-in no matter what time you arrive to allow better visibility for smaller vehicles.
1. There will be two ADA porta-potty facilities available in the parking lot with hand sanitizer. If you must leave your vehicle to use the restroom, please wear a mask and abide by physical distancing laws.
2. Do not congregate around the restrooms.
1. All tickets must be purchased online, in advance, to limit the interaction between customers and staff.
2. Upon arrival, leave your windows up and show your ticket (digital or printed) to our staff against the glass of your window.
ANY violation of our policies will result in being asked to leave the Drive-In area. We must all comply with these guidelines in order to maintain a safe experience for everyone. Thank you in advance for your understanding and cooperation.
The drive-in entrance is located on the east side of JC Penney. Enter The Orchard on Delaware Street at 144th. Continue north on Delaware street and turn right after Nordstrom Rack. Continue past Lazy Dog to the backside of JC Penney until you see the yellow check in flags. There is only one entrance. Staff will guide you into the event area.