The enormous Denver Mineral, Fossil and Gem Show (and sale) is on for 2020! Wear your walking shoes as the show covers 9 miles of tables in 500,000 square feet of covered space. It features fine mineral specimens, agates, fossils, meteorites, gems, hand-made jewelry, crystals, metaphysical, gold, silver, copper, decorative items, Native American items.
These include amber with insect inclusions, turquoise, rubies, emeralds, beads, petrified wood and artisan jewelry boxes, plus rough minerals, tools and supplies for hobbyists who cut and polish their own.
This show, now the largest in the country, features 500 vendors in the National Western Center and adjacent Events Center. It takes place from Friday, September 11 through Sunday, September 20 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day. Admission and parking are FREE.
There will be at least a dozen food trucks in the Food Tunnel under I-70 as well as in the new tent area at the west side of the complex for eats and drinks.
Note: This year’s show is Adults Only.
The event will look different this year, with safety protocols in place:
1. Face mask requirement. No mask, No entry.
2. Temperature testing at the three controlled entries.
3. Capacity management to ensure that 6-foot distancing can be maintained.
4. Frequent disinfection of high-traffic areas / surfaces by cleaning staff.
5. Hundreds of hand sanitizer stations will be sited throughout the show.
6. New 12′ wide aisles to promote 6-foot social distancing.
7. A “Sit down” requirement to eat and drink. No walking around without a face mask while you nosh your food or sip a beverage.
8. All visitors & dealers will be required to sign a waiver at the entry.
9. Denver Police on-site to enforce mask mandate
Typically, this show overlaps with the Denver Fine Mineral Show, but that show has been canceled for 2020.